Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Mid-Week Meditation


One of the unexpected things I like most about my school is most teachers lead a centering activity at the beginning of each class. Typically this is a simple breathing meditation but occasionally they'll get fancy with it, by incorporating gratitude or imagery of some sort. Regardless of the direction the teacher takes, I appreciate this emphasis at the beginning of each class because I have been having a hard time feeling present in class. Pausing to focus on my breath in the first few moments has helped me feel more calm, centered and ready.

As a regular yoga practitioner, I know that I benefit from meditating but I have such a hard time incorporating it into my daily routine. In an effort to do this, I've decided to start a series called Mid-Week Meditation to keep myself accountable. Every week I'll share a meditation that struck me in some way.

The following is a brief, 5 minute breathing/body awareness meditation I found and really like.


Let me know if you give it a shot.

No comments

Post a Comment


UP