Tuesday, July 23, 2013

72 Hours in the South

At the beginning of July I took a road trip with my sister and uncle from Sarasota, Florida to Lake Tahoe, CA (NV). Everyone said it was crazy to go on a road trip so quickly, to spend so much time in the car without stopping to see the sights, but this was one of the best vacations I've ever been on. I got to spend quality time with an uncle I never see while seeing the south from the comfort of an air conditioned car. A win-win in my book! From Florida to New Mexico, here we go. 


We spent one day and two nights at my uncle's house near Sarasota. Not many pictures from the day as we were too busy playing tourist.



First stop, Biloxi, MS. It was interesting to see Florida has so many pine trees, reminded me of California a bit.


The longest hallway ever in the Beau Rivage, Biloxi, MS. 


Second day from MS to Texas with the first stop of the day in New Orleans. We were only there for one hour but the old town was incredible. The history just poured off the walls and the attention to detail in the architecture was incredible. I was smitten with the floral grates on every building. I also must point out, they say everything is bigger in Texas, but the sky in Louisiana takes the cake. It was incredible. 


Way too many sweet teas from McDonalds were consumed.


Now Texas. We headed to a cattle ranch where horseback riding and riffle shooting ensued. 


We're not in California anymore.



Incredible Texas sunrise.


Finally, our unplanned stop in Tucmcary, NM. Part of the old Route 66 and it looks like it's been the same since the interstates were built. The best part was the ok Mexican food and that my 20 year old sister was served a beer and a gigantic margarita no problem.




More on the rest of the trip next time.


No comments

Post a Comment


UP