Friday, October 31, 2014

Weekend Reading

Image Source

Happy Halloween! What are you up to tonight? I'm looking forward to stopping by a friend's party and probably doing a bit of bar hopping but most of all I cant wait to see the creative costumes that people come up with. I've found that when the holiday falls on a weekend it's the perfect excuse to go all out. Here's hoping the rain calls it quits by witching hour! What are you going to be?


I often think and write about the difficulties of simply getting through. This beautiful article about self acceptance sums up the major themes I've been working with lately. "What a lot of people now identify as “major life problems” are really the natural ebbs and flows of life. Sometimes you’re up and sometimes you’re down, and for some reason, we seem to have forgotten that that’s OK."


Now that I'm back in school, I found this account of a teacher's experience as a student particularly fascinating. 


I have started experimenting with "natural" deodorants. I haven't found one that works incredibly well yet (sorry for all those that come in contact with me), but I made this one the other day and am giving it a try. Will report back.

Yay Mercury Retrograde is over! Here are some things you can get back to doing (safely).

For if you're thinking: What is this mercury retrograde you speak of?

And, my favorite website to answer the question "Is Mercury in retrograde right now?"

I love these old photographs of 1950's San Francisco.

In college I was a major supporter of Pink October, but as Breast Cancer Awareness month comes to a close I leave this alarming article as proof that buying pink things is not going to help us find a cure.

Have a lovely fall weekend!

No comments

Post a Comment


UP